Who needs to be assessed?
- All first-time degree-seeking students must be assessed.
- Students who seek to enter any college-level course must be assessed.
- Students advancing in our college prep program e.g., student advancing from Math 060B to our next Math progression Math 090A must be assessed.
Who can be exempted from the test?
Exemptions from taking ACCUPLACER may be granted under certain circumstances. College courses must be from regionally accredited colleges or universities or other approved educational institutions.
- Student has successfully completed college-level English.
- Student has successfully completed college-level Algebra or higher.
- Student has previously been assessed at a Colorado public post-secondary institution.
- Student has appropriate ACT (Eng. 18, Read 17, and Math 23) / SAT (Verb 440, Math 460) scores.
Where can I take the test?
Colorado Springs Early Colleges Campus, by appointment only.
What do I need to take the test?
When you arrive at Colorado Springs Early Colleges testing center you must have completed all necessary enrollment forms. You may NOT use textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries or calculators during the test. In the math portion of the test you may use the built in calculator when the program provides one. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided for you.
The test is not timed, but you need to allow approximately two hours for testing.
Please respect the needs of other students that are testing. Do not bring cell phones and/or any other electronic devices that would potentially disrupt the testing environment.
How do I get my results?
You will receive your score report a few minutes after finishing the test.
What is the charge for the test?
There is no fee for ACCUPLACER Placement testing for first-time new students to Colorado Springs Early Colleges.